Black seed oil has been used for more than 1000 years due to its several health benefits. The seed is obtained from a plant called Nigella sativa, which is found in South and southwest Asia. It is also called black cumin. This is a very commonly used spice in Asian countries like India and Middle East.
The black seeds are compressed to make black seed oil which is used to cure several health conditions like Nasal inflammation, Obesity, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, hypertension etc. Apart from this, the oil is used as a cosmetic product as well.
With the growing awareness among people to reduce the use of chemical products, a turnaround towards more natural and organic ones is observed. When it comes to beauty, you only look for the best. Here is a natural way to get flawless skin and healthy hair.
Benefits of black seed oil for hair and skin
These are the benefits of using black seed oil for skin and hair:
- It is rich in antioxidant which diminishes wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and harmful free radicals from your skin giving it a younger and glowing look.
- It has anti-fungal properties which help to cure fungal infections, mold, and yeast.
- If you have the problem of eczema or psoriasis, black seed oil can be very effective. It has anti-inflammatory properties which soothes the skin.
- The antioxidant properties of black seed oil neutralize the effect of free radicals from your hair and scalp.
- If your scalp is dry it means it is not producing enough sebum, the natural oil, to keep your hair conditioned. The black seed oil helps in the oil production in the scalp which keeps the hair conditioned and frizz-free and makes them more manageable.
- Black seed oil contains 15 amino acids, vitamin A, B1, B2, C, niacin, carbohydrates, protein, EFA’s and several minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium etc. Its rich chemical composition makes it very desired product for skin and hair care.
- With its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces clogged pores and reduces redness. Simply massaging a few drops of black seed oil can be very effective.
- Hair fall is a common problem with a not so easy solution. But black seed oil can help to cure it. Its rich nutrients help to reduce the hair fall and increase the volume of your hairs.
- A dry scalp causes dandruff. Black seed oil with its anti-bacterial, antiviral and other properties keeps the scalp conditioned which cures the dandruff problem.
- For increasing the hair volume, for regrowth and curing baldness, black seed oil is a good remedy.
- In order to get an acne-free skin, black seed oil can be used. It cleanses the skin, reduce oil and make it radiant and glowing.
- The effects of aging and sun damage are reduced with the use of it.
- The abundance of the palmitic acid helps to soften the hair without leaving a sticky effect.
- Stearic acid in black seed oil protects hair from damage and conditions them. It cleans dirt, sweat and excess oil from hair and skin.
- Apart from its benefits for hair and skin, it influences cancer cells. It also has anti-diabetic properties.
- If you have the problem of high blood pressure, use of black seeds oil can reduce it. It has several fatty acids which help to reduce high cholesterol.
Black seeds oil can be used with extra virgin olive oil for massaging it to your scalp. Not only the oil but direct black seed consumption in the form of spices is also recommended for health problems.
The natural products have qualities which chemical products can never match. Even if they do, they have side effects. Black seed oil is a natural product, the use of which is increasing in cosmetic industry. Several shampoos and skin care creams contain it. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, soothing and rich in so many nutrients which ensure you healthy skin and hairs. Its direct or indirect uses both are beneficial. It is also available in the form of capsules. It is an easily available product which provides you with a natural care at a very affordable price.