It is a fact that a large percentage of the population these days are not happy about their height. In fact, many are worried that they are not as tall as they wanted to be and as a result, they are not very confident and they become incapable of asserting themselves. Because of these, many people are openly wondering about how to grow taller naturally.
Certainly, a lot of people will be interested if they are presented with tips on how to grow taller and it does not matter how old they are. Men stop growing after the age of 20 to 24 and women generally stop growing two years after their first menstruation. However, this fact does not stop people from seeking ways to gain height. Today’s technology offers a lot of ways on how to get taller like undergoing some limb lengthening procedures or taking some pills that help increase a person’s height. There are also natural ways to get taller for people who prefer a risk-free method to get a little taller even when it is past their age for growing.
The Basic Methods on How to Get Taller 5 Inches
1. Exercising and Stretching:
The simplest way to increase height in one week is by stretching the spine. After crossing puberty, the only way to increase height is by working on your spine and body posture. Regular exercising strengthens the back that gives you better posture and support.
How Does Stretching Help?
How can you grow taller in a week? While stretching, it increases the flexibility of the spine and optimizes your chances of growing taller. With a flexible spine and good posture, your vertebrae cannot bear added pressure. Thus, the cartilage between them is not squeezed and can easily soak fluids within them.
Here are exercises to grow taller in a week. When the cartilages soak enough fluids, it involuntarily lengthens the spine and makes you look 2-3 inches taller. Physical activities like swimming, playing football, tennis, and basketball can help you grow taller.
Exercising also encourages more production of human growth hormone (HGH) that aids muscle growth and height increase.
2. Eat a balanced diet
During your growing years, it’s crucial that you get all of the nutrients your body needs.
Your diet should include:
- fresh fruits
- fresh vegetables
- whole grains
3. Get the right amount of sleep
Occasionally skimping on sleep won’t affect your height in the long term. But if during adolescence you regularly clock less than the recommended amount, it may lead to complications.
This is because your body releases HGH while you sleep. Production of this hormone and others may go down if you aren’t getting enough shut-eye.
It is recommended to get at least 8 hours of sleep daily at night
4. Drinking More Water:
The next important thing about how can I increase my height in 1 week is to drink adequate water. If your body retains a large number of toxins, then it will be difficult for it to function correctly. Therefore, it is always advisable even by doctors and medical practitioners and even dieticians that a person should drink more water to help the digestive system function properly and the hormones stay regularized. It is said that if your digestive system functions properly, then your intestine also works properly.
Therefore, a good bowel movement and even a properly functioning intestine need to be there. If you are not taking enough water, then toxins will start to accumulate, and these will not help the hormones which can help you lengthen and be flexible.
How To Take?
Measure water in an appropriately sized glass which is not very large and neither is small like a cup. This should be the proper measurement, and a person should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. If you exercise more, then you may drink 8 to 12 glasses or as per requirement. This is the standard measurement; it also helps flush out other toxins from the body, and excess fat does not get deposited. If there is an excess fat, you will not be able to exercise appropriately, and a person feels more fatigued.
5. Use yoga to maximize your height
If targeted posture exercises aren’t your thing, give yoga a try. This whole-body practice can strengthen your muscles, align your body, and help with your posture. This will help you stand taller.
Some popular poses to improve posture include:
The exercise to get taller in a week involves stretching all the body muscles, right from head to toe. This elongation will exert posture pressure on all body parts that will facilitate the production of the growth hormone.
- Stand erect on the floor flat with your legs, waist, and neck aligned in a straight line. Remember to keep both the feet together, while placing the hands on the sides and your palm facing the thighs.
- When you inhale, raise both the arms together in the upward direction that is parallel to each.
- Now, slowly lift and stand on your toes.
- Stretch your body upward as much as possible. Keep your legs and arms straight.
This yoga on how can we increase our height in one week is known to work quite well when practiced regularly.
Sarvangasana and headstand come together as a Shirshasana. Shirshasana involves posing against gravity. This exercise will pressurize the pituitary gland. Take a look at how to increase height in 7 days.
- Lie flat on the back with your palms facing downwards.
- Now, gently lift your legs, buttocks, and back so that you can come up high on your shoulders, and support the back with hands.
- Straighten the legs and spine.
- In case you experience any strain in the neck come out of the posture.
- Remain in the posture 15 to 30 seconds.
Try out this yet another simple exercise to know how to grow height in a week. They are guaranteed to bring out positive results if you workout daily.
6. Walk outside on sunny days
You get an ample amount of Vitamin D from direct sunlight. But it’s only useful if the ultraviolet B (UVB) rate is not very low. You can learn about ultraviolet rays and their current state from the weather forecasts. Your skin can’t get ultraviolet B during the early mornings, late evenings or most of the winter season.
7. Avoid growth-stunting factors
Tips to answer this question: Talk about an accomplishment that exhibits how you will be a perfect fit for the company and for the position you’re interviewing for. – Try and show some genuine passion when you’re talking about your accomplishment. – Don’t fall into the trap of thinking your accomplishment is “too small”. The fact is, relating a small accomplishment that is inline with “what the company values” can be more powerful than an unrelated accomplishment.
The Best Exercises To Increase Height
Hanging your body with the support of your hands does help you stretch out your muscles. Generally, people hang down a bar. To take this exercise to increase height an extra mile, do two or three pull-ups. Don’t have a pull up bar? No problem pull up a tree branch. Make sure your support is sturdy and can take your whole body weight. After all, you don’t want to falloff the support and break your bones.
Steps To Follow:
- Jump up and hang on to the bar.
- Keep your arms and spine straight.
- Remain in the position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat the same at least three times daily.
Side stretch will make the muscles grow and make them elongated as well. This exercise to increase height especially stretches and strengthens the intercostal muscles. While doing a side stretch, make sure you feel the muscles pull all along your side from your lower back and up to your shoulder to succeed in boosting height growth.
Steps To Follow:
- Stand straight with your feet together.
- Clasp your hands together stretching over your head.
- Bend your upper body to the right.
- Hold the stretch for 20 seconds and get back to the starting position.
- Repeat the stretch two times and switch sides to do the stretch in the opposite direction.
How many hours of the day you generally sit? Did you know that sitting for very long hours affects your height? The changing shape of the spine and the associated muscle imbalances are caused by prolonged periods of sitting which affects the growth of your body. The pelvic shift is one of the best exercises to increase height to sway away from the negative results of sitting. It increases the curvature of the lower spine, and that of the upper back; boosts your height.
Steps To Follow:
- Lie on the mat with the shoulders flat on the floor.
- Keep your arms stretched out on the sides with palms down.
- Bend your knees and draw your feet close to the buttocks.
- Arch your back so that the pelvis is lifted.
- Tuck the buttocks and let the legs and shoulders support your weight.
- Hold the position for at least 30 seconds and repeat.
Practice side planks, and in a few days, you would get excited about the amazing-looking legs you’re going to have. Side planks give a good stretch to your legs making them slimmer and grow taller.
Steps To Follow:
- Lie down on your right with your shoulder straight below your neck. Stretch out your legs straight and place your left hand on your left hip.
- Support your abs while raising your waist off the ground until you reach to the level of your right hand.
- Make your body diagonal to the floor and stay in the position for 30 seconds.
Downward Facing Dog
Downward pose resembles that of an upside down alphabet – V. This exercise helps in strengthening the entire back and elongates your back muscles.
Steps To Follow:
- Stand up and bend your body such that your hands are at your shoulders-width apart and your feet are at hips-width apart.
- Push the floor away and engage the shoulders and the upper body, while elongating your tailbone towards the ceiling