Are you having white spots on your face? Do these patches make you feel low in the gathering of your friends and family? Are you looking for some natural ways by which you can get rid of them? Wait for a second! There is always a solution! In today’s post, we will discuss some essential tips by which you can remove white spots on your face naturally!
Sometimes, white spots appear on various areas of the skin. They may arise due to colour loss or depigmentation. But at times, they appear when the dead cells of the skin come under the surface of the skin. Fear not, the discolourations do not cause harm but to get rid of them, you can consult a dermatologist to know their cause, or you can use some natural ways as well. Let’s discover the possible causes and treatment methods to remove these mystery patches.
1. Sunspots or GuttateHypomelanosis
Sunspots are the white spots that appear on the skin when there is a lack of skin pigment known as melanin. They also arise due to the excessive use of tanning bed and excessive sun exposure. These spots are usually round and flat. Their size ranges from 2mm to 5mm. They typically appear on light skin or the skin of people over the age of forty. These spots first appear on the legs, but then they start appearing on the face and arms. They change the colour of the skin. They do not cause harm that is why many people do not treat them. But sometimes, they cover a significant portion of the body.
To treat the sunspots, following natural ways are appropriate.
- Cover your face when you go outside in the sun. Try to wear sunscreen daily
- Use topical retinoid creams and topical steroid creams, for example, retinol, tretinoin or hydrocortisone. These creams can help in removing the outer layers of skin
- Try to avoid spending too much time in the sun
- Wear such clothes that cover your skin
All these ways can remove the sunspots. But you need to visit your doctor if these spots get darker, big or become painful.
2. Tinea versicolor (TV)
Tinea versicolor (TV) is a fungus or yeast that is present on the surface of the skin. We know yeast because of its ability to raise the bread, but the fact is it is an organism living on the skin. We can see it only through a microscope as it is tiny. At times, this yeast proliferates over the surface of the skin. It results in white, red or pink spots on the skin, known as Tinea versicolor (TV). When it grows out of control, there appear dry and itchy white spots on various areas of the skin. These spots can get dark or light than the skin tone. Tinea versicolor grows slowly, but with time, it forms clusters. Its symptoms appear more in warm and humid weather. It may appear due to the week immune system of the body. Moreover, it can also arise due to sweating for long hours, moist or warm weather. It also reproduces on the face if it remains oily for a long time.
There are various options to treat the infection of tinea versicolor
- Use antifungal soaps and shampoos
- Apply antifungal cleansers over the affected area
- Apply antifungal cream and lotion on your face regularly
- You can also use antifungal medicines. Try to use those medicines that include selenium sulfide, ketoconazole and miconazole. Moreover, the medication containing pyrithione zinc, terbinafine or clotrimazole are also useful to treat white spots on the face.
The removal of these white spots and the regaining of skin to its standard colour often takes time. But after removing tinea versicolor, try to go for antifungal treatments especially in the summer or spring season. In severe cases, consult your doctor to start taking medicines as well as pills to remove the problem entirely.
Milia is a skin disorder in which the cysts develop on various areas of the skin due to keratin which gets under the skin. The basic form of milia occurs when keratin, a protein present in the outer layer of skin and works to harden it, gets under the surface of the skin. But this condition can also arise due to sunburn. A person can also develop milia due to skin inflammation and tissue damage. It causes white spots on the cheeks, chin, forehead or nose. The white cysts mostly occur in children and adults, but they are more common in newborn babies. They are usually 1-4 mm wide, but they do not cause pain. These spots typically remove after a few weeks, but if the condition gets worse, you need to go for some treatment to repair your skin.
- To reduce or altogether remove white cysts from the face, you need to use retinoid creams and ointments. The creams that contain a little amount of tretinoin are useful in treating milia
- Wash your face several times a day and pat it after washing
- You can also use steroid creams as well. These creams also work fast and are quite effective
- Take Ginger Juice and Red Clay and mix them to make a paste. Take equal quantities of both. After this, apply the paste on the areas where you find white patches. Apply it for half an hour and four to five times a week
- Use a few tablespoons of Manuka honey with one tablespoon of cinnamon. Make a thin layer of it and apply it on the face for ten minutes
Vitiligo is a condition in which patches start appearing on different parts of the body such as arms, hands, legs, neck, face and lips. They can also occur around the mouth and eyes. It results due to the improper functioning of the skin cell, which helps in the pigmentation of the skin. This irregular functioning results when the immune system of the body attacks these cells. The autoimmune disorder of vitiligo can be genetic, but it can also occur due to severe emotional stress and an excessive amount of sun exposure.
The natural treatment options to reduce or remove vitiligo from the face include:
- Use Neem Oil as it can minimize the appearance of white spots on your face. To apply neem oil on your face, take a cotton pad and put 3 – 4 drops of oil over it. Rub the cotton on the white spots and then wash your face after 20 – 30 minutes.
- Use corticosteroid cream and Elidel cream
- Apply bleach on the skin around the white patches
If the condition gets severe, you need to go for surgery.
Pityriasisalba is a condition in which scaly and itchy spots of white and red colour start appearing on the skin. The patches usually appear on the face, but they can also affect the areas around the neck and shoulders. This type of skin discolouration may affect the skin of the adults as well as children.
For reducing the itchiness or inflammation on the skin, follow the treatment methods mentioned below:
- Apply moisturizers on the face daily
- Add 2 – 3 drops of Apple Cider Vinegar in one tablespoon of radish seeds. Make a paste and apply over the white patches. Wash your face after 15 minutes.
Final and Last Thoughts
When your body does not produce the cells that give colour to the skin, white spots start appearing. There are various causes of the appearance of white spots. Some of them are benign, while some are dangerous. So, it is better to get rid of the spots. All the treatment tips mentioned above are handy if you want to remove white spots on your face naturally.