You must’ve heard and read a lot on how important it is for you to go for regular dental Check-ups, not just for maintaining good dental health but also for your overall well-being. But then again, fear of Dental Appointments is very common. This Anxiety takes place when you book an appointment with a dentist.
Since, treating a problem sooner than later is always easier and less painful, and you can go for the regular check-ups to avoid major dental issue. So, here’s an article which will hopefully solve all your queries and make you feel relaxed about booking your Dental Appointment.
What factors decide the urgency and necessity of going to one? Is there a particular time frame for regular check-ups? How do you choose a good Dentist?
Firstly, if you are experiencing any of these things, then you must book an appointment with your nearest dental clinic:
- Red, Tender, or Swollen Gums
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- Gums that are going away from your teeth
- Loose permanent teeth
- Changes in the way your teeth align
- Unusual sensitivity to cold and hot
- A bad breath or unusual taste which is persistent
- Mouth Ulcers or Sores that are not healing
- Changes in the way your dentures fit
- If you’re pregnant or a regular tobacco consumer or basically unwell
When and why should you consult a Dentist?
To prevent any serious problems, you must visit your dentist regularly so that he/she can check if there are any signs of Mouth Cancer, Gum problems, or Dental Decay. Plus, you can get your teeth cleaned too by your Dental Hygienist and he can remove plaque and tartar buildup. Your Dentist and Dental Hygienist in these regular check-ups will also give you some tips on how to keep your teeth healthy.
Distress or Injury:
This one is quite obvious. If there’s any pain or discomfort in your teeth, mouth gums, or jaws; it is definitely time to see a Dentist. Similarly, if you’ve recently had an injury and there’s any kind of swelling in your mouth, face or neck then you must consult a dentist to check your jawbones. In the same way, if you are suffering from bleeding gums or having problems with chewing or swallowing food, you must consult a dentist to get the proper treatment.
Maintenance after Treatments:
After having different Dental Procedures like Teeth Whitening, Teeth Removal, Getting Braces, Crowns or Dentures; going to your concerned Dentist is a must to ensure that everything is right.
Choosing the right Dentist:
- Before choosing a Dentist; make sure that they have practiced under the standard of care that includes guidelines regarding ethics, infection control, and other standards involved in the treatment of your teeth.
- Since Dental Clinics come with a great risk of transmission of infections, ensure that the dental practitioner that you’re planning to visit is hygienic and uses optimal technology. You must visit a dental clinic where COVID protocols are strictly maintained.
- . You must check the license, qualification and experience level of a dentist before you consult. You can check the online reviews of such dental clinics to know about their treatment procedures.
The Bottom Line:
Don’t visit the Dentist when you are suffering from any viral or bacterial infections including the common cold, flu, fever, jaundice, or chickenpox, and even 15 days after you recover from these illnesses. Also, see that you don’t make an appointment in hurry and have the time to understand the procedure of your treatment first.
- Amelia Varley
- [email protected]