Sometimes it’s hard to get creative when it comes to your workout routine. Fitness should not only serve a purpose but it should also be fun. A crowded gym or your drab fitness room just may not be cutting it. These ideas to inspire your fitness regimen may help bring life back to your workouts.
1. Workout at the Beach – Taking your workouts to the outdoors can brighten up your workouts, get you out of a closed room and provide some much needed relaxation from the sound of the ocean waves. In addition, you’ll be breathing in the fresh air and get the benefits from the ocean’s healing properties.
2. Head to the Park – For a change of scenery, head to your local park. Use the park’s natural landscape to get in your workout. Use stairs, hills, park benches and grassy areas to add to your workout. Strength, cardio and flexibility can all be performed in the park. Use the free outdoor spaces provided to you by your city’s parks and recreation department.
3. Pick a Mountainside Park or Grassy Area – You can’t beat views of the mountains. Better yet, if you have safe access (Gondola, etc.) to head up to the top of a mountain, take your workout to the top! Imagine a workout or stretching session looking at gorgeous mountain peaks and the town below.
4. Yoga by the Pool or on the Beach – Take your yoga time to the beach or pool. Water can be a calming feature and further relax you during your yoga practice. One of the new trends is yoga in the water. Call your local instructor to see if this service is offered and whether he/she can show you how it’s done.
5. Use the Rooftop Deck (only when available – please don’t make your own!) – If you live in a building or have access to one that provides a roof top deck, this could be a perfect place to relocate your daily workout. Enjoy views of the surrounding areas as you burn off those calories!
6. Jazz Up Your Workout Room – Sometimes it takes making even just a small change to re-inspire your fitness regimen. If you’ve got a workout room at home, try sprucing it up! A fresh coat of paint is a great way to make a change. Other ideas such as adding a mirror, changing the lighting or rearranging the room can help too!
7. Get a New Piece of Equipment – Revamp your routine with a new piece of fitness equipment. Big or small, expensive or reasonable, fitness equipment comes in all sizes and shapes and can truly change up a workout. Easy pieces include resistance bands, stability balls, medicine balls, balance discs and more.
8. Try a New DVD – Picking a new DVD can be a complete game changer for your workout. Try a new workout like body sculpting, martial arts, dance or yoga via the comfort of your own home. The great thing about DVD’s is that you can travel with them! Take your workout where ever you go. Easily change it up with a new DVD. Once you’ve got a small collection, you can rotate workouts, keeping things interesting all the time.
9. Take a Class at a Different Gym – You are allowed to cheat on your gym! Sometimes it can be the perfect way to mix things up. Check out their group fitness or indoor cycling schedule and take a different class from a different instructor. The change of scenery might be just what you need. Most gyms have a day fee or a per class fee for non-members. Don’t sweat the extra $20 bucks. You’d probably spend it on dinner anyway!